The latest round-up of news coming from Basilique and the Basilique Performing Arts Company.
- Press Preview Saturday, March 29th at Noon SLT!
- Top Tips for Enjoying Paradise Lost
- Behind the Scenes of Paradise Lost
- Bloggers get to Blogging
- Sponsorship places still available
- Only 5 tickets left for April 6th performance.
Press Preview is Saturday at Noon SLT
We’ve been rehearsing all week for the Press Preview. Every time we rehearse, Harvey and I find yet something else we want to fix. While I’d say we’re 98% there, I’m struggling to balance my near-obsessive perfectionism with relaxing and letting things be. The best thing to do, I’ve decided, is to do our best and take the leap. We’ll take all feedback, and use the following week to either fix every issue, or cut it from the score. It’s time to get ruthless.
Top tips for enjoying Paradise Lost
To my knowledge, Paradise Lost in Second Life is unlike any other theatre performance before it. Because we are taking advantage of so much that Second Life has to offer, many of our recommendations for viewing might be unfamiliar to you. So, I’m going to list my top tips for experiencing Paradise Lost to its fullest.
Here’s the summary:
- Wear your ticket once you receive it.
- Wear all 4 parts of the avatar we give with the ticket, and nothing else.
- Enable RLV in Firestorm.
- Optimise your graphic settings.
- Turn on your music stream.
- Arrive 15 minutes before show time.
- Remain seated throughout the performance.
- Stay quiet in local chat during the 3 Acts.
And here is the longer version which is a MUST for ticket holders.
A Winning Week for Behind the Scenes of Paradise Lost
Caity Tobias, our official behind-the-scenes Photographer Extraordinaire has been hard at work capturing as many of the sets as she can before the big day, and getting all artsy-fartsy with the Paradise Lost audience avatar. Here is a scene from her post on Adam and Eve’s Hovel, where they live when they are forced out of Eden.